Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Response to Nora's presentation

I tried to post this on Nora's blog about Garageband, but I couldn't because I don't have a wordpress account I guess? Anyway, here it is:


First off, I have you say your presentation was very good. You seemed to have really looked into the program and why it's relevant. That was really slick info about how musicians like Erykah Badu and making and distributing music via Garageband these days. I think factoids like that would really help excite students about learning the program.
Also, Mr. William's multiplication rap was ingenious. I bet he could even inspire students to make their own informational music. All the writing and speaking repetition would surely get them to remember their multiplication tables. For that first track I wonder if he stripped the track Lean Back, or just used the tools on Garageband to replicate it? I imagine that song with muffled words couldn't sound as clear and even as track one (AKA the 2 times tables) was. Do you know if he made the music himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment